Simplified Google Play Permissions
Used to pull your email account for Commander.
For uploading contacts and call log to Commander.
Used to find the location of your lost device.
Used to read your texts to look for the attention words and to be able to send text messages back.
Also needed for the call log feature and the hidden icon feature.
Allows us to save the pictures take with the camera feature. Also needed for the remote wipe feature.
Needed for the camera feature.
Wi-Fi Connection information
Used in the Device Stats feature where you can see nearby wifi.
Device ID & call information
In order to link your device to a Commander account we need the device ID information.
Full Android Permission
- Market billing service - Is needed to process in-app billing transactions, which is used to unlock Pro and Elite.
- Full internet access - Needed for Commander and for sending emails.
- View network state - Ties into the last permission for Internet access.
- Fine (GPS) location - This is needed to get your devices GPS and network based location.
- Read phone state and identity - To see when phone calls come through to make the call feature work in the Pro version.
- Reroute outgoing calls - This is part of the ability to hide the apps icon. Since the icon will be gone you need some way back into the app. You will dial a special number that the app is waiting for to open the app.
- Prevent phone from sleeping - In order for GPS to work the device has to come out of sleep mode first (does not prevent sleep all the time).
- Automatically start at boot - Used to check sim card on every boot for a different sim card.
- Change network connectivity - Needed for all features dealing with Internet access.
- Modify global system settings - Used to enable GPS if its disabled.
- Receive SMS - This is how the app reads incoming messages to check for the attention word.
Services the cost you money
- Send SMS messages - Used to send a message back to the sending phone with the gps location of your device (doesn't cost you money if you have texting on your plan).
- Change your audio settings - To change the devices volume level off of silent and all the way up.
- Control vibrate - Used to engage the vibrator while ringing when lost.
- Take pictures and video - This is needed to access the camera to remotely take pictures.
Your personal information
- Read contact data - For uploading contact and call log as well as the call feature.
- Use the authentication credentials of an account - Used for syncing with Commander.
- Discover known accounts - Allows the app to see what accounts are on your device. Also used for syncing with Commander.
- Modify/delete SD card contents - This is used for the remote wipe feature in Pro. Remote wipe can factory reset the device and also format the SD card as well. This is also needed for the camera feature, it allows the app to first save the image to the SD card before uploading to our servers.
- Modify battery statistics - Used for the GPS Flare feature.
You may also wonder why the free version needs some of the same access that the Pro and Elite versions need. Thats because the free version contains the same exact app as the Pro/Elite version. Pro or Elite can be upgrade to from within the app.